Update on Life and Flights!

{INSERT PHOTOS HERE..... It wont let me upload}


Yesterday I drank Strawberry Basil Tea and sat with friends in the cutest little place, talking and laughing while they drank Cucumber lemonade, Strawberry Basil Lemonade, and Blueberry Pomegranate  Lemonade. Yum. 


Last night my sisters played their first volleyball game of the season. They won.

I ate Thai food for the first time with wonderful friends for girls night! . I like the idea of Thailand, a lot. 

I folded flyers and wrote return labels with Alyssa all night. Then we talked about God, human trafficking, and the story of Noah. 

I woke up to a Sheltie (dog) and he's so cute. He belongs to the Barkemas.

Alyssa and I longboarded, and made plans for surfing tonight with Sharon.

I baked cookies and took them to school for my sissies and their friends.

Came home and here I am!

The reason I told you this...

No reason really except I am thoroughly enjoying yesterday and today off from work. 

AND I'm enjoying my last month here before I leave for the Land Down Under. I am taking the time to stop and let God's blessings in my life pour over me and leave me refreshed and ready for what lies ahead. I'm nervous, yes, but so excited! I got to Face Time with Michelle and she definitely helped calm my nerves. She told me all about the base, the people, the food, what to pack and bring, etc. So so nice to hear how awesome it is from someone I already know so well who is there. I will be so grateful to see a familiar face there. Anyways, I feel like this is the most serious post I have ever written. Maybe not. But I have been SO emotional right now, which is so not me. My poor family and boyfriend. Speaking of boyfriend, he went back to college and I really miss him! This is just a taste of the next 6 months. I hope to see him this weekend. Anyhooo...

I only have 27 days left here in the states before I take off. That's not really a whole lot of days, ya know?! Do you want to know my plans? Cause while I was procrastinating all those Haiti posts, a plan was set into motion and it's a perfect plan, really. Fashioned by none other than the Almighty Himself! :)

I will fly out of the Tampa Airport at 7:34pm on September 25th. I will probably cry and cry and hug Mom and Dad and sibs and Jack and tell them to not let me go, but I will go and I will be fine. 

I will land in LA at 9:40pm, LA time. Which is 12:40am FL time, fyi.

There in LA, I will meet up with two girls who are doing the Compassion DTS in Australia with me: Haley and Abigail. I am SO excited about this part! Not only meeting some of my future DTS mates, but also getting to know them on a 15 hour flight! No boredom yay!

The three of us will board our flight in LA and take off at 10:55pm LA time. Which will be almost 2am my time. I hope their first impression of me isn't that I'm a total zombie. Cause I probably will be!

We will fly across the world for 15 hours in seats all together (YAY) and we will talk and sleep and get to know each other and eat a meal and be so confused about time. So so confused. 

And then we will land in Sydney, Australia on September 27th, at 6:55am. Here's some cool stuff. Annie will arrive about 30 minutes before we do, and Laura, Alexa, and Katie will get there an hour after! We wil be picked up by Emma and take a train ride to her house which she so graciously opened up to us to stay for a few days before the DTS starts. It will be so nice to get used to the major time change and do a little sight seeing beforehand. 

On October 1st we will all take a train together right into Newcastle, where we will be picked up and taken to base! We will settle in, meet everybody, hug, be excited, squeal, etc... and the next day, DTS begins

And so that is all I have for now :) After that I'll let you know what happens! I am so super excited and feel so blessed with all that has come together, from the financial situation, to travel plans, to Charla letting me use her giant rucksack for packing, it's all been great. 

Please continue to pray for me! I can always use prayer! 

ALSO.. Here is my final fundraiser info:

VANESSA WITTMER IS GOING TO YWAM IN NEWCASTLE, AUSTRALIA!

Please join us got an open house night of praise and worship with coffee, desserts, and a silent auction. 

All proceeds will benefit Vanessa's YWAM journey to Newcastle, Australia with Youth With A Mission, and then into the Nations serving God in Thailand, Eastern Europe, or anywhere else God may be calling her!

WHEN: Friday, September 7th, 7pm.
WHERE: Bahia Vista Mennonite Church.
SILENT AUCTION: Handmade Amish quilt (Valued at $500), paintings and jewelry by Vanessa. Silent Auction will begin at 7pm and end at 8:330pm. 

Hope to see you there! 



That was verbatim from my super cool flyers! Speaking of flyers, I need to go address and stamp more to send out! Holla if you want one :) 

Love you all! Have a great day. 

xoxo Vanes.



p.s. I GOT AN IPHONE and INSTAGRAM. It's love and will be oh so convenient to communicate back home while I'm gone!

Follow me: vanessaraewittmer
Only if you want.
You want. 






Hi, We are templateify, we create best and free blogger templates for you all i hope you will like this blogify template we have put lot of effort on this template, Cheers, Follow us on: Facebook & Twitter

2 comments:

  1. What would you like me to say?
    Should I say that I love you and already miss you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely jealous of all of your accomplishments and adventures. You can guarantee I will be following you...in probably less than 2 minutes. Ahhh!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you mysterious people who read this blog. Go ahead, say something! Really!