Haiti 2012: Days 5 & 6

OKAY. We're gonna wrap up Haiti today, like really. 
Day 5 and 6. 


{Wanna see 1, 2, 3, & 4?! Look no further. Hereherehere, & here. You're welcome}.

Nothing significantly significant. On day 5 we finished up the kitchen (yay!) and hung out with the kids around the mission house. Then around 4 we headed up the road to the Visa Lodge to swim!! 
Such a treat. Submerging ourselves in cool water when it is 90+ degrees out?! Yes please! We also went to the Boys orphanage to see them one last time and to say goodbye. It's always SO hard to say goodbye to them. 

Youvicka
Garret with a sweet girl whose name I just can't seem to remember!
This boy told me his name was Timalice (That is how he spells it. He wrote it for me). Like, tamales. And now that I see this photo, I see his shirt says Timalice too. So it may not have been his name, and he probably is still laughing with his friends that he got us dumb Americans to  call him Timalice, whatever that may mean. Or, that really is his name. Who knows. He was so much fun though! Such a sweetie. 


This is Michelo. I'm sure you've seen him already. But I really love him. He was so so cute. His smile was pretty much infectious. And by pretty much I mean it really was. 
Linose :)



This is Felinda. She is truly on of the most beautiful girls I have ever met. Not only on the outside, but the inside as well. She has such a servants heart. The day that us  girls cleared out the corn field, she came out without being asked and worked her butt off. Seriously. She asked for nothing in return. How often does that happen here? People rarely will help out, without being asked, for absolutely nothing in return (except we gave her some water, hugs, and lots of love). 


Sweet Rose. "Wose," as they pronounce it.

Jerry!



Anne wrote this in chalk and then asked me to come see what she wrote. Jetaime means 'I love you" in French, so I have been told. This melted my heart. Even though we speak different languages, we all speak the language of love. 

Sisters, Anne & Rose. Their mom is Rosemene, my deaf friend. Their baby brother is Michael. I wish I had more photos of him!




Shelsie, Felinda's little sister. Absolutely LOVE her. She has become one of my favorites over the years, (they're all my favorites!) but especially Shelsie. It's been great seeing her grow up, and even though she isn't very little anymore, she still loves to sit on my lap and give hugs. She also likes to try to teach my card games. It literally took the whole week for me to finally 'get it' and when I finally though I did, I was confused yet again. 










Drew and Kayla






This is Zachary. He grew up in the orphanage, and his sponsors are my parents good friends, Jack and Candy Knepp. I have told Zachary before that I know Jack and Candy, so every time I see him he asks about them. This time he asked me to take a photo of him with his bike to show to them. I think it is so neat how we can send money over to support these boys to a better life, education, and necessities, and they SO appreciate it. If you are interested in sponsoring a boy or girl at one of our orphanages, visit  here.

Um. These are ten day old pups we found under the van. Kinda gross, but at the same time cute. Its sad though becasue we know they will grow up to be skinny and diseased. 



And so concludes the trip to Haiti! I hope you enjoyed it. Sorry the posts were so lonnnnnnng and drawn outttt and few and far in between. I'm a working girl with a social life, people! Not really. But. I'm going to be writing more, I promise!! I was just procrastinating cause I knew I had to edit all those photos and that this would take for ever. And it did. Blogging isn't easy. I get that. But I like it and I'm ready to get the ball rolling because I LEAVE in 29 DAYS!

Be back soon with a YWAM update. You don't have to say it, I know. Finally. 





Hi, We are templateify, we create best and free blogger templates for you all i hope you will like this blogify template we have put lot of effort on this template, Cheers, Follow us on: Facebook & Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you mysterious people who read this blog. Go ahead, say something! Really!