Vision: Compassion DTS 2012

Hey there friend. 
I would like to share something cool with ya today! 

The words written below were taken from a note written on Facebook by the Compassion DTS 2012 leader, Dieuwke, aka Dukes! She is so great, I can tell already, and I can't wait to meet her so soon!! Also, the other two Compassion 2012 staff members have been introduced: Erin & Kathryn! The seem just lovely and I can't wait to meet them either! Good heavens, I am just so stinkin excited for this fall!

So here are some pieces of what Dukes wrote to encourage and prepare us! I'm so excited and LOVE the verse. Love is so huge, and I am really starting to notice this more and more. Last week I was a little bit moody (Errrm, ladies, you know what I'm talking about! No shame here) and just totally annoyed with everything and everyone, but God opened my eyes and I opened my Bible while I was sitting in the church pew on Sunday morning..

"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on it's own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends." 1st Corinthians 13: 4-8.

I want to love at all times. How can I do that when I envy? When I am prideful, rude, irritable and easily annoyed? When I insist on my way or the highway? I can't. So, I have really taken this verse to heart and have been trying to live it and wrap my brain around the concept; make a life change. 

Oh, so here is what Dukes wrote. It just took me awhile to get to the point. Easily distracted, you could say... :) 

--------------------------------------------------------

Meaning of the word compassion:
"Deep awareness for the suffering or misfortune of another, coupled with the desire to relieve it".

A simple act of Compassion can transform lives and change the world!

Theme verse for Compassion DTS 2012:
"So, chosen by God for this new life of Love, dress in the wardrobe God has picked out for you: Compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master who forgave you. And regardless of what you put on, wear Love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it." Colossians 3:12-14 (The Message).

Drawing and photo by Jessyca Armbrister! She is awesome and planning to join me Down Under in October! Check out her blog! :) 
If you have compassion, for example, to see someone healed, but you're not sure if you have the faith for it, then Love! Because Love conquers all! Compassion comes from Love in the first place; faith is brought by love and healing is possible through Love. 1 Corinthians 13:13... "and the greatest of these is love!"

Again, a simple act of Compassion can transform lives and change the world! Be a conqueror! 


Click here to see the full note by Dukes!

Have a good weekend :) Who knows when I'll be back... stick around to see!

xx Vanes.







Hi, We are templateify, we create best and free blogger templates for you all i hope you will like this blogify template we have put lot of effort on this template, Cheers, Follow us on: Facebook & Twitter

3 comments:

  1. LOL aww.. I so can't take credit for that drawing.. I randomly found it on Pinterest.. but AW, V, I love this blog!!! I can't stress enough how excited I am for this school! I pray God wraps His arms around us and blesses our socks off!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting! It really is true that how we treat people can change their lives, and ultimately, change the world! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog today from Pint-Sized Mama. How exciting, a DTS in Newcastle! My family just spent 2 months in Italy working with a YWAM Freesports school and met Swiss Miss who'd done her DTS in Australia. While YWAM certainly isn't the "one" great missions org out there, my husband and I both love it and are praying for more opportunities to go out and serve again soon. (My DTS was justice-focused in Switzerland, and the hubs did his in Argentina).

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you mysterious people who read this blog. Go ahead, say something! Really!