So I remembered some things I've been doing. How? I looked at my camera!
And then that triggered my brain into remembering a few more things! YAY I'm not losing my mind for real! (yet).
This may be a long compilation of recent stories, thoughts, and activities that have been going down lately.
RANDOM THOUGHT #1. I may or may not be THEE WORST finger nail painter in the world. I'm leaning more towards most definitely! See all the paint on my fingers? That's my left hand. I'm right handed. Even when using my right hand, I can't stay in the lines!
RANDOM THOUGHT #2. (Males: Don't read!) Buying lingerie is the single most embarrassing thing in the world. WHAT?! Yeah, you heard me. I had to buy some lingerie. But most certainly NOT for me! My friend Lauren Haynes is getting married one month from yesterday (ahhhhhhhh!) and tonight we are having a lingerie shower for her. Obviously I know nothing about this stuff, (I'm not married!!) but I have been to these things before for other bride friends. So I knew what to buy. Just the buying it part is SO. EMBARRASSING. So here's my system on how to do it without feeling totally awkward:
1. Run around quickly, grabbing pretty much all the stuff you see. I went to Burlington Coat Factory, that place is pretty much abandoned.
2. Sprint to the dressing rooms. Then, behind the privacy of the door, you can spread out the items you grabbed and see if they're the right sizes or not.
3. Once you've found one or two that are the right sizes, take those and exit the dressing room. (Leave all the other stuff you grabbed in the dressing room... oh well!)
4. Find an item that you want to buy for yourself that can easily cover the things you came for. I found some nice workout leggings. Perfect. You deserve it after going through this embarrassment.
5. Walk calmly up to the checkout counter. Possibly look for a mirror first to make sure your face isn't beet red.
6. IF AT ALL POSSIBLE, go into a checkout line where a woman is the cashier. I almost made that mistake!
7. Don't try to explain. I tried to say, 'My friends getting married! This isn't for me!' and then I realized how hot my face was getting and how guilty I sounded.
8. Walk out to your car, through what you bought in your trunk, and try to forget about what just happened!
**tip: Wear your fake Old Navy wedding rings, so people aren't too suspicious. Also, don't attempt this with the children you nanny in your cart. People will give you looks... 'Why is that 19 year old with two kids shopping for lingerie?! Is she trying to have more?!'
I hope you didn't feel too awkward reading that. If you did, well... now you know how I felt! ;)
Last week ( I think?!) Jackson and I attended Casey's VPK Graduation!
I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was sure an experience! The kids were all in caps and gowns, and they sang a few cute songs. Casey was SO serious! He would look at us or smile at all! I had to laugh, that is so not like him!
|Ri wasn't feeling good, poor guy! But at least his milk was handy.|
|Haha! Love this one! He looks thrilled. I have good story about Ms. Ruthie. I WILL share soon.|
We each got a delicious steak! And I added on shrimp, Jack added on scallops. We also got an appetizer. (We went crazy!)
Needless to say, we were stoked!
Then.... the bill came and we gave the guy our gift cards. The news was, mom's gift card had only had $11 on it! So we (Jackson, such a babe) had to pay $25 extra! If we had paid out of pocket in the first place, without gift cards, we would've went cheap and spent that or less! So, the moral of the story is, don't get crazy. Eating that much isn't normal.
And my poor mom felt terrible! She really thought it had $50 on it! Oh well :) It ended up making a funny story. I am paying Jackson back though, or taking him out for real..
I've been sewing my quilt... Getting closer to being done!
Yesterday, we (Me, Jack, Ange, and Aim) crossed #16 off of my bucket list!! So fun! I totally wanna do it again. Kinda scary though... Mom said that people drown all the time at this spot... I had no idea! It was pretty calm.
Andddd now, it's off to work I go!